Assistant Communications Specialist
(Social Media Strategist & Online Content Creator)
(Communications and Public Relations)
Work Location: The LSU Agricultural Center is a statewide organization with offices in every parish of Louisiana. The administrative headquarters, including the administrative offices, are located in Baton Rouge, LA.
Job Duties: The LSU AgCenter and LSU College of Agriculture are looking for a creative, highly organized, and multitask oriented communicator/technologist to oversee the development and implementation of a social media strategy. The successful candidate will oversee the creation and coordination of social media and web messages across multiple social media platforms to engage various audiences, track and analyze metrics and key performance indicators.
- Designing social media strategies with the goal of increasing audience engagement and improving brand awareness
- Provide training with Information Technology to internal teams to integrate and maintain a cohesive social media strategy
- Collaborates with IT, Communications, and others to develop, update and maintain organization-wide social media management standards, policies, and rules of engagement for social media
- Help administration in crisis communications situations to manage delivery through social media channels
- Coordinating the administration of all AgCenter social media accounts
- Analyzing trends and metrics to engage new followers and insert AgCenter expertise into topics and discussions
- Conducting research and evaluating trends to determine the value and impact of social media efforts.
- Managing, creating and publishing high quality content through web and social platforms
- Staying abreast of social media best practices and changes
- Working with Information Technology on implementation of new technology opportunities
- Assessing and addressing needs of each unique social media platform to maximize engagement and readership
- Collaborating with individual units and departments to help deliver their specific messages
- Working with news, marketing and publication teams to create content and repackage existing content
Qualification Requirements: A bachelor’s degree in mass communications, journalism, marketing or related field is required. A master’s degree is preferred. Previous experience in managing social media content and multiple accounts is required. A strong knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, a deep understanding and ability to interpret analytics, web metrics, and utilization of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is also required. The successful applicant will also have experience with the Adobe creative suite and be capable of producing quality web graphics and video content that is ADA compliant.
Salary and Benefits: Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. The LSU AgCenter has an attractive benefits package with a wide variety of benefit options. Current benefits offered include retirement, multiple medical insurance options, supplemental insurances (dental, life, long-term disability, accident, vision, long-term care, etc.), Tax Saver Flexible Benefits Plan (saves tax dollars on some child care and medical expenses), university holidays (14 per year, typically includes a week off at Christmas), generous annual (vacation) and sick leave benefits, Employee Assistance Program, and possible educational leave and tuition exemption for coursework at campuses of the LSU System. Specific benefits depend on job category, percent effort and length of employment.
Application Deadline: October 22, 2019 or until a suitable applicant is located.
Application Procedure: Apply online at https://lsu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/LSU (or through Workday for internal applicants) by attaching cover letter with resume including a statement of professional interest and goals, university transcripts, and three letters of reference. Paper, faxed or e-mailed application materials will not be accepted, except that in lieu of attaching the reference letters online, they may be sent directly to:
Director, Communications and Public Relations
125 Knapp Hall
Baton Rouge, LA 70803