As a part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, Marian University’s Ancilla college seeks qualified applicants for a Full-Time Non-Tenure Track faculty member to promote our Catholic Franciscan mission and identity to teach foundational courses in business at our new location in Plymouth, Indiana. This position reports to the Academic Director at Marian University’s Ancilla College regarding day-to-day operations and to the Dean of the Byrum School of Business at Marian University-Indianapolis for curricular issues, direction in disciplinary development, and academic evaluation. The faculty member promotes Marian University’s Catholic mission and identity by contributing to the ongoing development of students and wide-ranging programs within the Byrum School of Business.
Marian University is a Catholic, comprehensive, regional institution of higher education dedicated to excellent teaching and learning in the Franciscan and liberal arts traditions and offers a multitude of undergraduate, graduate and professional programs. Marian University has been experiencing significant growth over the last decade and is expanding its academic offerings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values, honoring the legacy of the founding congregation, promoting unity in diversity, and integrating the Catholic Franciscan intellectual traditions in courses, programs, and services.
- Teaching load: 24 credits per academic year.
- Share in the ongoing development and implementation of department and college activities and projects.
- Actively participate in curriculum implementation and activities of the Byrum School of Business.
- Engage in scholarship and other professional development activities.
- Mentor students through advising and internships.
- Participate in the life of the campus and university service, including participation in faculty governance and co-curricular programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of Marian University.
- A Master’s degree in Business or closely related field is required.
- Experience working with students at varying levels of abilities, is required.
- Experience or evidence of the capacity for effective teaching in higher education.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated, collaborative, and able to work independently with colleagues throughout the university and in the community.
- Demonstrated commitment to multicultural competence, best practices in teaching, high ethical standards, diversity, and community service/engagement.
- Experience with online education is preferred.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications require a cover letter, a current CV, contact information for three references, and responses to the supplemental mission questions.
Marian University’s Ancilla College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application: