Professor and Deputy Head of School (Education)
- Enjoy the freedom to discover something new
- Be surrounded by extraordinary ideas – and the people who discover them
- Take your research further with state-of-the-art infrastructure
Monash is full of thinkers and doers who are looking for their next challenge. So if you’ve forged a rewarding career so far, this role provides the perfect platform to join us. You’ll have access to quality research facilities, infrastructure, and teaching spaces to do exciting work, along with opportunities to collaborate internationally. You’ll be part of a university that’s made up of inspirational, challenging thinkers and doers – and continue doing work that makes a lasting impact. Learn more about working with Monash and what is Ancora Imparo.
A Level E academic is expected to exercise a special responsibility in providing leadership and in fostering excellence in research, teaching, professional activities and policy development in the academic discipline within the school or other comparable organizational unit, within the university and within the community, both scholarly and general.
As Deputy Head (Education), the incumbent will lead and manage the teaching and learning activities of the School together with School Executive Committee members and will take overall responsibility for the Teaching and Learning Portfolio. The incumbent will advance the University’s Education Reform Agenda within the School and support the University in achieving its aspiration of educational excellence and innovation in the ASEAN region. The incumbent will also be expected to liaise closely with the Vice-President (Education) at Monash University Malaysia, the Faculty of Business and Economics Associate Dean in Monash University Australia.
Reporting Line: The position reports to the Head of School
1. Lead curriculum development, innovation, enhancement and quality assurance in the undergraduate and postgraduate curriculum.
2. Lead the development and delivery of innovative and excellent teaching, learning and assessment experiences for undergraduate and postgraduate students.
3. Conduct world class research, maintaining an active record of high quality publication, grants, and PhD student supervision.
4. Lead the development and implementation of a research strategy for the Marketing/Finance/Accounting disciplines consistent with the research priorities of Monash University Malaysia and Monash University.
5. Lead the development of strong collaborations with other universities and with government, industry and/or civil society to drive research impact and educational excellence.
6. Play an active leadership role in the management of education, research and/or administration in the School, including coaching, mentorship, leadership and effective performance management.
7. The successful candidate is expected to take on the role of Deputy Head of School (Education) for at least the first three years of appointment, contributing strategic and operational input to the School’s responses to the Campus enabling plan, and enhancing excellent teaching and learning capacity in the School.
Key Selection Criteria
1. A doctoral qualification (PhD) or equivalent qualification.
2. A strong record of successful and innovative curriculum development.
3. An outstanding record of teaching and educational leadership demonstrates a commitment to innovation and excellence.
4. An outstanding research record, demonstrated by world-class publications, grants and PhD supervision.
5. An outstanding research leadership record, including generating income, leading major research projects and, where relevant, building research teams.
6. Proven ability to promote the discipline internally within the university as well as externally, both nationally and internationally.
7. High-level collaborative leadership skills that unite and inspire people to create a high-performance and collegiality culture.
8. Prior experience in Departmental, School or faculty-level leadership roles indicates a hands-on understanding of policy development and implementation within a modern University environment.
9. Prior experience in managing Business school accreditations such as AACSB, AMBA, EQUIS
Your application must address selection criteria, for instructions on how to apply, please refer to “How to apply for Monash Jobs”.
For further enquiries, please email us at Buvaana.Sugumaran@monash.edu
Professor and Deputy Head of School (Education)
*For LinkedIn Users, please click apply to view the position description at our career site
Job No.: 492718
School: School of Business
Location: Main Campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Classification: Level E
Monash University Malaysia reserves the right to delay or not to proceed with an appointment for the above-mentioned position.
31 October 11:55 pm MYT